Packaging Trends - Ireland - July 2012
Some questions answered in the 'Packaging Trends - Ireland' report include:
- What factors influence the choice of one packaging material over another? – Does durability, ease of transportation, or shelf-life dictate what packaging material is suitable for products?
- What are the specific requirements of industries when considering packaging? – Are outsourced packaging manufacturers likely to specialise in one area, or operate across many sectors?
- What legislation governs the disposal of packaging waste? – Both EC and national governments have identified packaging waste reduction as a target, how do operators comply with this?
- What are key packaging requirements, as regards labelling and product safety? – Contamination is a real risk in many sectors, whilst instructions on use and listing of ingredients are also important considerations.
Due to the wide range of industries in which packaging is a feature (ie all sectors which result in the creation of a physical product), combined with the lack of detail available on packaging sales as a standalone product (furthered by packaging’s status as a cost rather than a revenue stream, notably for companies who package their own products in-house), Specific market size and forecast data is provided for the following packaging sectors only:
- Paper and board packaging market
- Plastic packaging market
- Metals and aerosols packaging market
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.