Pasta, Rice and Noodles - Europe - August 2011
- What was the impact of the recession on the pasta and rice markets and what has been the impact of the prolonged economic uncertainty? Eating in is the new eating out, but is this trend still producing the same effects?
- Which is the most popular category in the review countries? Is fresh pasta still driving overall sales? Could ethnic ranges provide a driver for sales of rice?
- What are the recent trends in innovation? What has been the impact of the recession and the eating in trend on NPD? Do health issues hamper sales and are manufacturers trying to answer these demands for healthier eating? How are manufacturers introducing convenience in the review markets?
Specific GMN definitions are included below. Please note that for individual countries, the scope in terms of segmentation or distribution may differ depending on which source data are available.
- This market covers packaged fresh, dry plain and meal accompaniment pasta. It excludes pasta soup, frozen & chilled meal centres/ready meals with the addition of meat or fish. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer.
- France and Germany: This market covers packaged; dry unprocessed white long grain, dry unprocessed white short/medium grain, dry unprocessed non-white grain, parboiled and meal accompaniment rice. It covers white basmati, jasmine, non-glutinous and other long grain; Arborio, Japonica, glutinous and non-glutinous and other short/medium grain, brown and other coloured and meal accompaniments/side dishes. It excludes meal centres/ready meals with the addition of meat or fish. Market size comprises retail packaged sales.
- Italy: This market covers packaged Dry White Long Grain, Dry White Short/Medium Grain, Dry Non-White and Parboiled rice; the meal accompaniments/side dishes segment is insignificant. It excludes meal centres/ready meals with the addition of meat or fish. Market size comprises retail packaged sales.
- Spain: This market covers packaged dry white/long grain, dry white/short-medium, dry non-white, parboiled and meal accompaniments/side dishes. It excludes meal centres/ready meals with the addition of meat or fish. Market size comprises retail packaged sales.
- UK: This market includes dry rice, including savoury rice, microwaveable ambient rice, frozen and chilled rice, excluding ready meals.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.