Pay TV - US - August 2010
Distribution of TV and movie content continues to evolve at a breakneck pace, and major players in the pay TV industry are competing intensely to claim a spot at the top of the tech chain. The pay TV industry has withstood recessionary pressures better than most, but many companies will be forced to rethink their marketing strategies as adoption of newer technologies accelerates. In this custom report, Mintel examines the dynamics of the pay TV industry and reviews the strategies of its biggest players.
Analysis and insights (supported by exclusive Mintel consumer research) offered include:
- What types of revenue are growing fastest
- Why subscribers are being pulled away from cable
- Which technologies offer true points of differentiation
- Which technologies will be disruptive in the future
- Why respondents are switching providers
- Which demographics are most likely to switch
- Consumer brand perceptions of leading providers, overall and by demographic
- Why pay TV is more strategically important than internet or phone
- Who advanced pay TV features are most likely to attract
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.