Pay TV - US - October 2011
Consumers desire to cut costs in a struggling economy, in addition to the expansion of free and lower-cost content options, present challenges to the $100 billion pay TV industry, and fears of cord-cutting abound. As new technologies develop, consumers continue to shift or cancel subscriptions, spelling a slowdown in revenue growth and lower subscriber counts. Industry players will need to rethink their marketing mix as adoption of newer technologies accelerates.
In this custom report, Mintel examines the dynamics of the pay TV industry and reviews the strategies of its biggest players.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- what types of revenue are growing fastest
- what role does online content play in subscribership
- why subscribers are being pulled away from cable
- which technologies offer true points of differentiation
- which technologies will be disruptive to the pay TV model
- consumer brand perceptions of leading providers and service in general
- marketing strategies and recent innovations of industry leaders
- why respondents are switching providers
- which demographics are most likely to switch
- which demographics are most likely to be drawn toward advanced pay TV features.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.