Pester Power - US - July 2009
The ability of kids to influence household purchasing decisions is growing alongside the increasing number of kids in the US, especially young kids, who are more likely than older ones to frequently ask their parents to buy things for them. This report covers a range of important factors impacting kids’ pester power, including in-depth analysis of the following:
- The unique roles played by youth demographics, including kids and teens, in influencing household (HH) purchases
- Which retailer types are most likely to give rise to pester power, and why
- The enormous impact of the internet on kids’ ability to affect HH buying, including key analysis of video games, as well as discussions of company websites, YouTube marketing, and more
- How allowances can both positively and negatively bear on kids’ ability to persuade parents to make purchases for them
- The potential for leader-type kids to spread word-of-mouth buzz about products in their peer groups
- Favorite activities of kids and how these activities can directly lead to marketing opportunities
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.