Pet Food and Supplies - Europe - May 2011
Pet food markets are poised for growth, and will be driven by the growing demand for functional foods and snacks and treats.
This market report includes pet food and pet products. Pet food is split into cat food and dog foods, which, in turn, are split into dry, wet and snack/treats variants. Pet products include all non-food pet items for cats or dogs.
Specific GMN definitions are included below. Pet supplies are not included. Please note that for individual countries, the scope in terms of segmentation or distribution may differ depending on which source data are available.
- Austria: This report covers cat food - wet, dry, and snacks - dog food - wet, dry and snacks. Market size is based on consumption.
- Czech Republic: This report covers dog, cat, and other pet food. Market value is based on retail sales. Market volume is based on consumption.
- Finland: This market covers packaged, prepared food specifically for cats and dogs. Market size comprises sales through all retail channels including direct to consumer.
- France: The report covers cat food, dog food and other pet food. Market size is based on total retail sales. The market share is based on retail sales.
- Italy: This market covers wet cat food, dry cat food, wet dog food, dry dog food, cat snacks and treats and dog snacks and treats. Market size by value and volume is based on total sales.
- Poland: This market covers dry and wet food for dogs, dry and wet food for cats and snacks for dogs and cats. Market size is based on consumption.
- Russia: This report covers moist cat food, dry cat food, moist dog food, dry dog food and others. Market value is based on sales. Market volume is based on consumption.
- Slovak Republic: This report covers dog, cat, and other pet food. Market value is based on total retail sales. Market volume is based on consumption.
- Spain: This market covers dry dog food, dry cat food, Wet dog food, wet cat food, cat snacks and treats, dog snacks and treats and cat milk. Market size by value and by volume is based on total retail sales.
- Turkey: This market covers dog food, cat food and other pet food. Market value is based on sales. Market volume is based on consumption
- UK: This market covers dog and cat food. Market size by value is based on total retail sales. Market volume is based on the total retail consumption of the market.
- Ukraine: This market covers dog and cat food. Market value is based on sales through all retail channels and vets. Market volume is based on consumptions through all retail channels and vets.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.