Pet Food - US - March 2012
In spite of the recession and subsequently slow recovery, consumers continue to dote on their pets, making this category—if not quite bomb-proof—at least able to withstand the shellacking suffered by many other categories. The pet food market experienced sales of more than $18 billion in 2011, and is projected to reach sales of $21.2 billion by 2016.
This report examines the dynamics driving the pet food market, and takes a closer look at the following:
- The exciting new opportunities to be found as consumers continue to educate themselves on what constitutes a ‘good’ pet food
- How Baby Boomer demographics have the potential to depress the pet food market, though there may be salvation in the younger set
- The manner in which competing products within the pet food space are having an impact on manufacturers
- What segments continue to be hot and why, and why the natural supermarket channel is having an impact on pet food sales
- How leading pet food companies are making their presence known, and which ones are feeling the pinch most
- How today’s consumers think and feel when it comes to their pets.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.