Pizza at Retail - US - July 2012
The $5.4 billion pizza at retail market had been steadily growing between 2006 and 2009, but started to decline in 2010 and faces more declines for the 2012-16 period. The sluggish U.S. economy has not helped the pizza at retail category. This expected performance, however, will be impacted by future economic factors, changing U.S. demographics and childhood obesity concerns.
In order to provide a better understanding and recommendations for future success, this report offers an in-depth look at the pizza market, including:
- How the economy, pizza restaurants, and a decline in innovation are impacting sales trends for the category as a whole and in each of its segments
- How demographic shifts, including households with children and Baby Boomers, coupled with the childhood obesity issue and its health-related conditions are influencing forecasts through 2016
- An assessment of which brands are gaining, which are losing, and why, as well as where private label pizza currently fits in the category and how retailers can better leverage their store brands
- Insight into new product launches and how product claims compare to consumers’ interests and desires in the category
- Evaluation of TV ads, as well as online and digital promotional efforts
- Insights from Mintel’s consumer research into the attitudes and behaviors of pizza at retail consumers, including types of pizza eaten in the previous month, purchase decision criteria, brand preference factors, flavor preferences and health-related attributes.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.