Pizza - US - September 2016
While annual growth in the pizza category has fluctuated over the last several years, the pace picked up modestly in 2015 and 2016, buoyed by growing interest in more premium pizzas. Pizza marketers and retailers have an opportunity to accelerate growth further by continuing to introduce creative new flavors and combinations and capturing new use occasions.
This report examines the following areas:
- Slow pace of growth continues
- Frozen pizza a popular convenient choice, but trails takeout/delivery
- Toppings, crust, and cost drive pizza purchase decisions
For the purpose of this Report, pizza at retail is defined to include:
- Frozen pizza
- Refrigerated “take-and-bake” pizzas, including UPC-coded and refrigerated pizza prepared and sold in the fresh deli department
- Pizza kits/components, including pizza crust mixes; pizza crusts/shells; refrigerated and frozen pizza crust/dough; pizza sauce; pizza kits/mixes; and frozen pizza kits/toppings.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.