Planned At-home Events - US - March 2012
Considering that more than six in 10 respondents to Mintel’s survey say they’ve planned and hosted at least one winter holiday dinner at their home within the past three years, and more than half have hosted an adult event (eg, a dinner party or adult birthday party), are indicators that the market for planned at-home events is strong. During the economic downturn, Americans turned their attention toward the home and they appear to be relishing their stay-at-home habits. Their tendency to cook and eat at home increased; investing in and spending more time with home entertainment also increased. The result is an active population of at-home event planners.
In this report, Mintel examines the behavior and attitudes of consumers planning events at home. In particular, the following questions are answered:
- What type of events are being held at home?
- Who is hosting these events, and how many people are attending?
- How are consumers planning and preparing for their at-home events, including the use of equipment, cleaning services, and invitations?
- What items are consumers more likely to rent than purchase?
- What type of refreshments are served, and are they being prepared at home or provided by an off-site vendor?
- What are some key opportunities for restaurants, retailers, manufacturers, and service providers to grow business among at-home event planners?
- What innovations have been introduced by the industry?
- What are some of the marketing approaches utilized in outreach to at-home event planners?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.