Prepared Cakes and Pies - US - June 2014
“Portion-controlled formats, higher-quality ingredients, and new flavors can help consumers indulge in prepared cakes and pies, while maintaining a sense of moderation. Positive perceptions of private label products, which represent the largest share of the market, will increase price competition, but also create opportunities for brand names to differentiate with premium offerings that consumers are willing to pay more for.”
– Amanda Topper, Food Analyst
This report answers the following questions:
- Are consumers still willing to indulge with cakes and pies?
- How can product offerings be improved?
- What effect will private label offerings have on the category?
- Prepared cakes and/or pies consumers have eaten in the past six months, and scratch baking versus baking mix usage
- Prepared cakes and/or pies usage occasions by daypart and location
- The most influential factors to increase consumer purchase frequency
- Purchase and usage behaviors
- The most important nutritional characteristics consumers consider when purchasing a variety of prepared cakes and/or pies
- Consumers’ attitudes toward prepared cakes and/or pies Innovation opportunities including flavors, such as local and ethnic flavors (eg dulce de leche), and formats, such as bite-sized or supersized
- How an increase in snacking occasions will impact the category and new product development, including individual portion sizes
- How market factors, including health concerns and the US obesity epidemic, will influence new product development and reformulation
The following segments are included: In-store baked cakes and pies Shelf-stable cupcakes and brownies Shelf-stable cakes and pies Frozen/refrigerated cakes and pies
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.