Private Label Beauty - US - May 2011
This market research report looks at the private label color cosmetic and beauty market in the US. It includes eye, lip and face makeup. The major challenge facing retailers is the consumers’ wariness of unfamiliar brands which has ultimately led to a decline in sales despite the promising forecasts made by retailers in the mid-2000s.
The recession seemed likely to inspire private label sales, and indeed other private label CPG (consumer packaged goods) products did see a boost. This was not the case for private label beauty products. However, private label eye color cosmetic products are thriving and the larger speciality chains have succeeded in encouraging consumer trust in the higher-end private label brands.
Some factors covered in this report include:
- What is the role of opening price point for private versus upscale labels.
- Why do consumers decide whether or not to go for private label color cosmetics?
- How can private label cosmetic retailers encourage sales?
- Which private label brands in the color cosmetic market are favourable and successful and which are not.
- Is it better to build a brand from scratch or go for retail direct licensing.
- What consumer segments are likely to go for what type of promotion?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.