Private Label Beverages - US - September 2011
Private label beverages have performed relatively well in recent years as Americans turned to the category in search of value. However, it is also apparent that the category faces stiff competition from branded beverages and the global beverage giants that spend hundreds of millions a year to promote their brands. In order to explore how private label beverages are performing relative to branded options and identify strategies that retailers can use to drive sales growth, Mintel has explored the following issues and growth opportunities in this report:
- How have sales of private label beverages fluctuated in recent years and how are they likely to change in the future? How does use of private label products compare to use of branded products in various beverage categories?
- Which categories of private label beverages tend to perform well and why?
- Which categories do national brands tend to dominate and why?
- How are macroeconomic influences and the health and wellness trend impacting sales of private label beverages in various categories?
- How do consumers rate the quality of private label beverages relative to branded alternatives in each major beverage category?
- To what extent are consumers able to determine which brands are private label and which are national brands?
- Which consumer segments are most likely to purchase private label beverages?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.