Private Label Soap, Bath and Shower Products - US - May 2010
In this report, Mintel takes a closer look at the world of private label as it relates to soap, bath, and shower products. While the poor economy and prolonged recession has spurred consumer interest in lower-priced household items, there are surprises in even the personal care category, as private label goods do not trump all others in terms of increased sales, in spite of consumers’ continuing economic woes.
This report explores the soap, bath, and shower market as a whole, with particular focus on the share accounted for by private label, with further detail by segment, comparing branded with private label sales data from FDMx channels.
- Which segments are currently “hot” in private label soap/bath/shower…and which are not
- Why liquid hand soap remains the leading segment in private label
- A look into consumers’ motivation, and why they choose private label for some products…but not for others
- The role of private label soap, bath and shower products and how it is affecting the position of dominant brand manufacturers
- Consumers’ attitudes towards shopping for soap, bath and shower products in general, including a closer look at their attitudes toward private label and reasons they do or do not buy private label
- Which demographics are more likely to use coupons for PL soap, bath, or shower products—and the impact of this on brand loyalty
- Why consumers might think about upgrading and seeking out product advice regarding their soap/bath/shower products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.