Quick Service Restaurants - US - August 2010
The U.S. economy has been in recession, taking a toll on the restaurant industry. However, Quick Service Restaurants (QSRs) have been putting up a good fight, winning over customers who are trading down from other segments and luring in cash strapped consumers with a wide range of value options. This report provides extensive details on how restaurants are proving successful and where there is still work to be done, including:
- How the dollar/value menu has impacted customer spending
- Where the competition is the greatest, both within the segment and from external forces
- What draws customers to QSRs in general and how they choose specific restaurants
- To what degree the “healthy” menu is impacting the industry and how best to address government mandates
- The role social networking plays - and should play in the segment
- Who the most earnest customers are and what it takes to keep them engaged
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.