Ready Meals - US - July 2009
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of ready meals in the U.S. In the current economic environment eating at home is on the rise and this appears to be contributing to demand for some, but not all, ready meals; certain types of meals are performing well while sales of many others are declining. As such, it is important to carefully examine the products that are driving growth while also exploring the competitive landscape and factors that are known to influence consumer decisions about where to shop and what ready meals to buy.
This report provides data and insight on a variety of issues that impact product development and marketing decisions at both small and large companies. More specifically, the report addresses the following issues:
- How have sales of ready meals fluctuated in recent years and how is the market expected to grow in the future?
- Who are the leading companies and what factors have driven growth in their sales?
- Which segments of the ready meals market (eg, frozen meals, shelf-stable, refrigerated entrées) are performing well and which are showing the greatest declines in sales?
- How are demographic trends likely to impact the market?
- What segments of the population use ready meals most frequently?
- Which flavors and formulations are most popular and which are likely to become more popular?
- Which types of innovations are driving category growth and which are less likely to succeed?
- What are the primary decision criteria consumers apply when choosing what type of ready meal to purchase?
- What factors discourage use of ready meals?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.