Red Meat - UK - October 2010
This report examines the UK market for red meat sold through retail outlets for consumption at home.
Red meat is defined for the purposes of this report as comprising of beef, veal, pork and lamb (including mutton). This includes all the major meat cuts of carcass meat, such as roasts, steaks, chops but also mince, diced and stewing meats, as well as offal products, such as liver and kidneys. Ready-to-cook meals with red meat as the main ingredient are also included in the report.
- Unusual cuts, perhaps including a ‘cut of the month’ could help brands and grocers catch the attention of some six million over-44s who like to try new cuts of meat.
- Cross-promoting red meat with sauces and marinades stands to resonate among the 4.6m 25-34-year-olds who see such accompaniments as bringing out the best in red meat
- Easy on-pack recipes or tie-ups with meal kits could help brands and grocers boost the appeal of red meat among the 2.4 million 16-24-year-olds who do not see themselves as confident in preparing it.
- Ready-to-cook products in single portions could find demand among the 2.6 million adults in one-person households that see ease of preparation as very important in their red meat choice.
- Promoting their easy-to-cook products could help butchers to appeal to some two million 45-54-year-olds who see ease of preparation as important in red meat choice.
- Meat-substitutes like Quorn could find demand among the two million 16-34-year-olds who limit their consumption of red meat to reduce their impact on the environment.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.