Retirement Planning - US - October 2011
The retirement planning industry is in a state of flux. For the past several years, much of the focus has been on Baby Boomers and helping them save enough to retire. Now that they are beginning to retire, the Baby Boomer focus is less on accumulation than it is on income distribution. Companies have been addressing this need by creating new tools and programs to help both investors and advisors make the transition from the need to save money to the need to make the savings last.
The continued weakness in the economy is also forcing changes. High unemployment, a poor housing market, low interest rates on savings and a volatile stock market is putting investors of all ages on edge. Younger investors have seen their parents and grandparents financially hurt by the recent recession and are much more aware than they used to be of the need to save for the future.
This study is an update of the issues surrounding the retirement planning field, including the effects of the challenging economic environment, aging population, and a changing regulatory environment.
What you need to know:
- How is the weak economy challenging the retirement planning process for Americans, regardless of where they are in their careers?
- How are companies changing their focus to address the changing needs of Baby Boomers, as well as the concerns of younger people, many of whom had never even thought about retirement before the recession forced them to do so?
- What regulations are being considered as the financial services industry is being more intensely scrutinized?
- How are companies adjusting their retirement plans to meet the changing economic environment?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.