Sanitary Protection and Feminine Supplies - US - May 2010
As a foundation, products for sanitary protection and feminine hygiene need to be effective, so advances in technology play a key role in the success of a product. In the past few years, advancements in the effectiveness of tampons and pads have given manufacturers the ammunition they need to embark on new ways to approach the conversation about sanitary protection and feminine hygiene products. Talking honestly with women about menstruation and hygiene, and redefining what it is to be feminine, have brought the conversation to new levels.
Mintel’s research into the sanitary protection and feminine supplies market presents insights about such topics as:
- The effects of aging Baby Boomers on choices made when purchasing sanitary protection and feminine hygiene products
- Reasons behind Hispanic women's purchasing decisions of personal care products
- The effects of demographics and cultural background on purchasing decisions for types of sanitary protection products
- The way that companies present their products to consumers and choose to discuss feminine protection and hygiene
- The desire on the part of modern women to engage in straight talk about their bodies and their needs
- The unparalleled success of sexual wellness products
- Early puberty and an aging population
- Trends in advertising to women as companies change how they speak on the subject
- Alternative ways of dealing with protection and hygiene that challenge sales of traditional consumer products
- Analysis of the brand qualities that make for success in this market
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.