Self Directed Investing - US - March 2011
The personal savings rate has risen sharply since mid 2008, but that rate is still well below historical levels, and follows nearly 15 years of neglect. Consumers have a lot to make up for.
This enormous task is likely to occupy many Americans for the rest of their lives, most particularly the near-term task of saving for retirement. This creates a huge opportunity for investment firms to offer the services and tools people will need to achieve their goals.
One part of that opportunity is in self-directed investment accounts, including retirement accounts such as 401ks. Mintel’s research for this report has identified opportunities and challenges for investment firms, including:
- What is the difference between the investment styles of men and women with self-directed accounts? What are they looking for from their financial services provider?
- How are attractive market segments broken out by race/ethnicity for providers of these types of accounts?
- How frequently are investors trading in their accounts? Which types of investments are the most popular?
- What are the most important sources of information for these investors?
- How are competitors advertising their products and services in this industry? What are the most common underlying themes?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.