Seniors and Technology - US - April 2009
By the year 2014, seniors (aged 65+) will account for 14% of the U.S. population. More than one in four (27%) people will be aged over 55. Technological innovations have changed the basic framework of the American lifestyle, but have been slower to catch on among seniors. This report focuses on how technological advances in consumer electronics, entertainment, and communications can be tailored to fit the needs of seniors.
This report addresses the following questions:
- How does the desire to keep in touch with younger generations drive sales?
- How many seniors are online, what activities do they participate in, and how does this affect marketing?
- What do aging baby boomers mean for the market?
- Among seniors, how are interests and attitudes affected by differences in age, gender, income and race?
- How many seniors suffer from the loss of dexterity, hearing and sight, and how are consumer electronics manufacturers addressing these disabilities?
- What is the role of the adult children of seniors in the senior-oriented electronics market?
- What is the best way to reach seniors with marketing efforts?
- How can retirement communities be used to further electronics sales?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.