Shaving Products and Depilatories - UK - December 2009
This report assesses the performance of the £523 million shaving and depilatories market since the last Mintel report was published in July 2007.
- Razors and shavers are a standard item used by an estimated 23.4 million men and 21 million women. Usage levels have remained steady.
- The recession has had a minimal impact on spending habits. In recent months, very few people have cut back on how much they spend on shaving preparations, but they do keep an eye out for special offers.
- Sales (by value) have been dampened by heavy promotional discounting and a drop in the number of heavy users, most notably in men’s razors, blades and electric shavers.
- Brand loyalty is high. Although loyalty is spread across a handful of favourite brands. People are not always loyal to the same brand for both shaving hardware and software.
- More than one in ten consumers experiment with new brands and formats but quality and performance are key to encouraging people who switch brands to continue buying the new brand.
- Men are motivated to buy shaving products on the basis of performance whereas women are motivated by permanence. Men want products that cut close but don’t irritate, whereas women want products that keep them hair-free for longer.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.