Shopfitting (Industrial Report) - UK - June 2014
“Shopfitters will be heartened by economic indicators at the start of 2014, which suggest improved market conditions, though growth in demand is expected to be unevenly split across retail sectors.”
– Ben Harris, Industrial Analyst
This report explores the following issues facing UK shopfitters:
- What is the balance between refurbishment activity and new store fit-out in the UK and how is this likely to change moving forward?
- How are retailers’ actions affecting the price level in the shopfitting industry?
- What retail sectors will offer the most new business opportunities over the coming year?
- What trends in retail store environments will affect shopfitters in the next five years?
- What factors are influencing retailers’ decisions on shopfitting investment?
The shopfitting market includes a wide range of products and services that are used in the fitting out of predominantly, but not exclusively, retail establishments. The market involves a wide variety of skills and products, the majority of which are also utilised in other market sectors in the construction industry. These include the production and installation of:
- Internal wall cladding
- Windows and doors
- Raised access flooring
- Suspended ceilings
- Shop facias
- Electronic point of sale equipment
- Counters and furniture
- Dressing rooms
- Electronic display equipment
- Heating and ventilation equipment
The requirements of shopfitters depend largely on the sector involved, and specialist work is often subcontracted out to non-shopfitting specialists.
Shopfitters typically offer design facilities, although specialist designers and architects, who have no in-house production or installation facilities, and the work of specialist non-shopfitting companies are beyond the confines of this report.
The following criteria are mentioned in the report:
- Bespoke/standard fittings, with bespoke fittings representing custom-made products while standard products are often available “off the shelf”
- New build/refurbishment, with both sectors offering substantial opportunities for shopfitting companies
- Client sector, with different client sectors having vastly different requirements in terms of fitting, furniture, image and decor
- Materials, which differ from sector to sector, with wood, aluminium laminates and composites the widely specified finishes in the shopfitting sector
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.