Shopping for Childrens Clothing - US - November 2010
Estimated to be $43 billion in 2010, the children’s clothing market has faced challenges since 2006 due largely to the continuing economic crisis. As the downturn has compelled families to economize and reduce spending on children’s clothing, manufacturers and retailers alike have responded with a new approach to enticing consumers to spend their hard-earned money, by luring them through exclusive deals on social networking venues such as Facebook and Twitter, for example. However, this particular market has fared better than most, and so Mintel expects a leveling out of sales, albeit showing a decline when adjusted for inflation, as the country slowly emerges from the prolonged economic downturn.
In addition to examining the ways consumers, suppliers and retailers are dealing with the economic crisis, this report also looks at the following:
- How social media and networking is changing the landscape of how consumers shop for goods, particularly clothing
- The impact of the growing Hispanic population and their shopping habits for the children’s clothing market, as a force for increased sales
- How the economic slowdown is not having the devastating impact on children’s clothing that is being witnessed in other markets
- How retailers are reaching out to consumers with innovations and new ideas, and which ones appear to have longevity
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.