Shopping for Children's Footwear - US - August 2011
This report is based on Mintel’s previous Children’s Footwear—U.S., July 2009. This title, however, contains no sales data. This report focuses on consumer shopping and purchasing habits of footwear for children aged 0-11. Types of shoes discussed are sandals, athletic shoes (trainer/gym shoes), casual shoes, dress shoes, boots, and rain/snow boots for both boys and girls.
Terms used in the market report:
- Private label or private brand: A product line that is developed, sourced, and marketed directly by a retailer such as Target’s Xhileration or Walmart’s Faded Glory.
- Exclusive brand: A merchandise assortment whose sale or distribution to consumers is restricted to one company. Exclusives can take a number of forms, including direct imports or a version of a nationally branded product that is produced for just one retailer. Products produced under retail direct licensing agreements may also be referred to as exclusives.
- Retail direct licensing: A licensing deal that is negotiated directly between the retailer and the licensor or property owner. As with private label, the retailer then develops, sources, and markets the product. This is the case with Target’s Cherokee brand.
- Branded (also, nationally branded or name brand): Footwear that is produced and marketed directly by a manufacturer and then sold at retail, eg, Nike, Reebok, Stride Rite.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.