Side Dishes: The Consumer - US - June 2010
Recent economic struggles have encouraged more people to eat at home more often, resulting in an opportunity for consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies to take advantage of shoppers' desire to stock up on side dishes that are both economical and add variety to a meal. The question is, how good a job have they done at capturing the imaginations of consumers to maximize their sales opportunities and connect with their key audiences in ways that develop loyalty, in spite of the recent economic turmoil?
For the first time ever, Mintel is releasing two separate reports on the side dish category. One is focused on the market, while the other is focused on the consumers who drive the market and ultimately determine the success or failure of products. This consumer-based report is designed to provide insights on the following:
- The impact of the recession and other external factors on side dish consumption, with a closer look at the influence of gender, age, race, and household income on the category
- An in-depth look at the major side dish segments and the brands that drive them, including an analysis of factors that influence each one of their fortunes
- Analysis of what role kids and teens play in determining what brands their parents buy and how marketers must account for their influence on the purchasing process
- What role, if any, channel shifting is playing on which outlets shoppers prefer to purchase their side dishes
- Consumer attitudes towards name brands and private label and how the recession is impacting shoppers’ perception of these offerings
- Consumer attitudes toward side dishes in general and a closer look at the factors that come into play regarding side dish purchase behavior
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.