Smoking Cessation Products - US - March 2010
Despite an environment that makes it increasingly difficult for smokers to light up, sales of smoking cessation products (SCPs) are lackluster. Cigarette taxes are at an all time high, and smoking bans have relegated smokers to “back rooms and alleyways.” At the same time, the recession proves to be a double-edged sword, causing consumers to balk at the expense of aids in the quitting process. Questions about product efficacy abound, and smokers demonstrate an unwillingness to add the stress of quitting to the myriad of issues that come with financial hard times.
This report offers insight into how manufacturers and marketers of SCPs can bolster sales, including:
- How to promote the fact that using smoking cessation aids, in what the industry refers to as a the “quit process,” can help chances for success in quitting smoking
- The need for innovation and examples of how to implement changes in all segments of the market
- Where opportunity exists to partner with corporate and non-profit organizations in wellness campaigns to boost brand awareness
- What the relative success of private label products says about the economics of “quit”
- Which marketing messages will best resonate with the demographics most eager to kick the habit
- How to broaden market appeal by targeting smokers to use SCPs to help ease frustrations at times when smoking is not an option
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.