Smoothies and Shakes: Made to Order - US - July 2012
Consumers have begun to look towards smoothies, as well as functional smoothies with health add-ins, to fulfill their better-for-you dietary needs and support their on-the-go lifestyle. These items are being consumed as snacks, meal replacements, beverages and desserts, giving the item a great deal of flexibility. The item can also be made with various bases and flavors, from healthy to indulgent, and additionally be tailored to consumers’ needs with add-ins.
This report explores smoothie and shake opportunities within the foodservice space by understanding the current marketplace, revealing competitive developments, uncovering marketing techniques and innovative technologies that restaurant operators can utilize, viewing snack trends on restaurant menus, and featuring consumer behavior and attitudes as they relate to foodservice options.
Among the topics covered in this report are:
- Innovative smoothie and shake trends and how restaurants are currently implementing them
- Menu analysis of smoothies and shakes by restaurant type, brand, base and flavor
- How emerging technology can be used to help smoothie operations succeed
- The key marketplace issues concerning smoothies and shakes and the impact they are making
- The ins and outs of smoothies from the consumers’ perspective, including behavior and attitudes
- A breakdown of key customer segmented groups as they relate to attitudes towards smoothies at restaurants
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.