Snack and Nutrition Bars - US - March 2014
“Even as snack and nutritional bars take on product attributes from each other and attempt to provide a range of attributes within a single product or brand, brands have an opportunity to stand out from their competitors by maintaining focus on a singular use. For example, energy bars can be just that and not strive to also be snack foods and meal supplements. Similarly, organic brands can build on that attribute to be distinct from other brands, rather than also trying to be small indulgences. Consumers know what they want and may be skeptical of brands that try to be too many things to too many people.”
– Marla Commons, Vice President of Research, Mintel Reports
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Is the line blurring between segments hurting brand potential to stand out?
- Is occasion-specific marketing still a powerful message?
- How can cereal bars reverse the downward sales trend?
- How can marketers reach Hispanic moms?
- cereal and snack bars, such as Nutri-Grain; and granola bars, such as Nature Valley health/nutrition bars, including food bars that contain additional nutrients, such as fiber, protein, calcium, etc;
- bars meant for diet and weight loss/weight management, such as Slim-Fast and Zone bars;
- athletic bars used for fuel during athletic endeavors or to enhance physical fitness or exercise, such as PowerBar.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.