Soap, Bath and Shower Products - UK - February 2016
“The SBS (soap, bath and shower) market, once plagued by consumer reliance on price promotions and special offers, continues to fluctuate as consumers now trade down on daily essentials in order to treat themselves with more luxurious occasional-use items such as detox bath salts. In 2016 in-shower treatments present an opportunity for SBS products to cannibalise sales from other BPC (Beauty and Personal Care) categories, such as facial skincare and tanning.”
– Charlotte Libby, Senior Beauty Analyst
This report examines the following areas:
- Global water shortage could stall market growth
- In-shower treatments present opportunity
Bathing, which is falling from favour as a regular activity, shows signs of strengthening sales and usage as it repositions as an area for treatment, encompassing health trends such as detox and mindfulness. In 2016 the shower market is set to replicate this beauty treatment positioning, with the emergence of in-shower treatments such as tanning products and skincare.
This report covers the UK retail market for soap, bath and shower products (including specific male, female and family products – ie those that can be used on babies and children) and includes the following:
- Toilet soaps in both bar and liquid form, including hand washes
- Hand sanitisers
- Bath additives such as foam, crème, oil and bubble bath, bath pearls and beads and solid bath products such as salts, grains, crystals and cubes
- Shower products such as gels, mousses, body shampoos and body washes
- Products marketed as soap-free, such as Dove or Oil of Olay moisturising bars, as well as products such as Oilatum, which are formulated specifically for problem skin.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.