Soap, Bath and Shower Products - US - March 2011
The U.S. market for soap, bath and shower products sold through food, drug, and mass merchandiser channels is driven by consumer demand for fragrance and moisturization in their shower products in 2011, as evidenced by the results of Mintel’s exclusive consumer survey, in which respondents cite these attributes as the most important in their purchase decisions. Antibacterial properties are also in significant demand in liquid hand soap products after the 2009 outbreak of H1N1. This report covers these factors extensively, and provides in-depth examination of the following:
- The role of liquid body wash in the shift away from bar soap
- How marketing efforts by body wash brands Axe and Old Spice appeal to young men
- The impact of the poor economy in affecting consumer purchase behavior, and how consumers may be shifting to—and sticking with—private label products because they find them to be equable in quality to national brands, providing budget-conscious shoppers with an affordable alternative to national brands
- The decline of the bubble bath segment as consumers mostly prefer to shower and find less time for small luxuries
- Innovations in the market, including natural/organic positioning, multifunctional products, extra moisturizing products and vitamin-infused brands
- How the leading manufacturers market their brands to appeal to a range of consumer types
- Why supermarkets remain the leading retail channel in the FDMx market
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.