Social Dynamics of 18-24-year-olds - US - November 2011
In many ways the social dynamics of 18-24 year-olds represents the future for marketers. As brands rely more on social media and other online and mobile communication platforms to reach current and potential customers, they increasingly enter the social worlds of young adults who have come to rely on the internet and mobile technology to communicate in new ways. As such, the study of social dynamics within the 18-24 year-old segment is also an examination of how communications are evolving and what the future holds for advertisers, product developers and other strategists.
In order to provide insight that can be used to appeal to 18-24s and positioning for the future of digital communication, Mintel addresses the following questions:
- How have the spending patterns of 18-24s fluctuated in recent years, and how are they likely to change in the years to come?
- What are brands doing to recognize the unique social dynamics of 18-24s and create communications that invite dialogue and brand loyalty?
- What are the common living situations of 18-24s, and how should marketers target these unique households?
- What major life events are many 18-24s experiencing, and what types of events are likely to impact their lives in the near term?
- What types of social activities and organizations do 18-24s commonly participate in?
- What are the social priorities of 18-24s, and how do they contrast with those of older adults?
- How do 18-24s make social plans, and communicate such plans to friends, family and others?
- How are 18-24s using online and mobile communications, and how does their usage compare with that of older adults?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.