Social Networking and Media and Financial Services - US - April 2010
Online social networking usage is expanding rapidly. According to Mintel’s proprietary consumer research for this report, 57% of internet users now have a profile on at least one social networking site, up from 41% a year ago. More than half of social networking site users visit these sites daily. It is becoming more and more important, therefore, for financial service companies to examine the use of social media sites as a marketing channel.
In this report, the following questions are explored:
- Which demographic groups have the largest presence on social networking sites?
- What opportunities do social networking sites offer to financial services providers in terms of branding?
- Which are the most popular social networking sites?
- How has the popularity rankings for sites changed in the last year, and why?
- Which sites appeal to different demographics by gender, age, household income and race/Hispanic origin, and why?
- How do consumers feel about the presence of financial service providers on social networking sites?
- What is the difference in how brands are promoted on Twitter and on Facebook? What is the best way to utilize each?
- How do people choose where to bank? How can social networking sites be used in this decision?
- What is the difference between a blog, a micro-blog, and a mini-blog? How can each be used differently to reach consumers?
- What are “apps” and how can they help your company?
- How do viral campaigns work? How are sites used in terms of viral marketing of brands and media?
- How do consumers use social networking sites, and how can these behaviors be used in the promotion of brands?
- How do interaction, philanthropy, and customer service come into play in the creation of a social marketing campaign?
- Who is using social marketing effectively, and what can be learned from these case studies?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.