Soup - Ireland - September 2013
“The RoI soup market experienced a decline in sales since 2008, with 2012 marking the first year of recovery. The NI market proved to be less volatile with year-on-year sales mainly increasing. Both markets are forecast growth until 2018; however, innovations in health, flavour and convenience are needed to drive the category forward.”
– Sophie Dorbie, Research Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- How can soup manufacturers widen soup’s appeal outside the ‘winter warmer’ and ‘lunchtime market’ and boost sales?
- With an increased focus on diet and health how can soup enhance its appeal in the lucrative health food market?
- In the midst of a difficult economic climate in which own-brand ranges are prevailing, how can soup brands increase their appeal and win back consumers?
- With scratch cooking experiencing resurgence, how can soup brands position themselves in this market?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.