Spirits - US - August 2009
The recession is driving some subtle, and not so subtle, changes in consumer behavior. Indeed, in virtually every category of consumer packaged goods, evidence of lifestyle change and adaptive behavior can be observed. The category of spirits is no exception. Not only has the amount of alcohol being consumed on an annual basis changed considerably during the recession, it is also evident that consumers are increasingly consuming at home rather than in bars and restaurants. Given that a significant change has occurred and is under way, it is important to closely examine trends in consumer lifestyles and spirits usage in order to optimize marketing and product development efforts.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the off-premise/at home distilled spirits market in the US. More specifically, the report addresses the following questions:
- How has the use of distilled spirits changed in recent years?
- How do current usage trends compare to past recessions, and what does this mean for the future?
- How have sales of distilled spirits fluctuated in recent years, and how are they expected to change between 2009 and 2014?
- What are the most popular types of spirits?
- What segments of the population consume the most alcohol, and what type of products do these segments prefer?
- What product and brand attributes have high appeal during recession?
- How do consumers prefer to drink spirits?
- How do concerns about health and wellness impact drinking behavior?
- What type of spirits do Americans prefer to consume at home versus at a restaurant or party?
- What motivates consumers to try new types of spirits or brands?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.