Sport and Fitness - Ireland - June 2011
Sports and fitness is becoming an integral part of consumers’ lives, with seven in ten RoI and over half of NI consumers engaging in sport or exercise every week (TGI, 2010). The levels of participation in sports and fitness have been growing over the past five years driven by health concerns (particularly among children) and also a need for escapism during the working week.
However, outside of consumers’ weekly routines, sports and leisure activities are also an important part of the holiday experience. This report explores consumers’ general sports and fitness activities and examines what this means for the sports and leisure segments of the tourism market.
Key themes of the report include:
- What is driving participation in sports and fitness? – What role does the trend towards being healthy drive sports participation? How do government and sports association initiatives factor into driving participation?
- How have sports performed as a segment of the tourism market? – To what degree can sport and sports events be used to draw visitors (both overseas and domestic) to Ireland?
- What do consumers look for when on holiday in terms of sports? – What type of sports draw visitors to Ireland? Is there scope for niche activities to attract more visitors?
- How do sports perform relative to other more sedentary leisure activities? – What are the main competitors for Irish consumers’ leisure time?
- What opportunities exist for Irish sports tourism outside or participation (eg spectator sports)? – What types of events have attracted visitors in the past? What are the ideal methods of attracting visitors to events?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.