The US Sports Drink Market - September 2012
Some questions answered in the US Sport Drink Market report include:
- Are chocolate milk and coconut water serious competitors?
- Is there a place for smaller players in the market?
- Can the sports drinks market grow the consumer base?
Mintel’s report identifies challenges and opportunities for manufacturers, marketers and retailers to effectively position their products.
For the purposes of this report, sports drinks are defined as a formulation of carbohydrates and sodium that help restore the essential fluids and minerals the body loses during exercise. Most products in the category contain about 6-8% carbohydrates; they also contain sodium salts, as well.
Excluded from this report are:
- Energy drinks, defined as beverages that specifically claim to provide an energy or stimulation boost and have a marketing positioning that stresses energy that may be derived from active ingredients such as glucose, caffeine, and taurine, as well as other health-oriented ingredients such as ginseng and various vitamins and minerals.
- Slimming aids
- Powdered/liquid protein drinks
- Supplement products, including fortified waters
There is some overlap between sports drinks and energy drinks. However, this report focuses only on traditional sports drinks.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.