State of the Automotive Industry - US - July 2009
This report explores the automotive market in the U.S. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting car and truck sales and consumer trends, and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What effects do rising gasoline costs and the economic downturn have on the overall market?
- How has the market share changed among domestic and foreign automakers and what companies are benefiting?
- How have the bankruptcy filings of General Motors and Chrysler affected those long-time U.S. giants and how they sell cars into the future?
- What is being done to innovate the ways cars are marketed and sold to the public, and how can others learn from these examples?
- How are new federal regulations on fuel efficiency going to affect how cars are produced and marketed into the future?
- What is the status of so-called “dead brands,” or those that have been either sold or shuttered by the major automakers?
- How have automakers failed to connect to women car buyers and what can be done to increase sales?
- What media are industry leaders using to deliver effective marketing campaigns, and what actions need to be taken to improve visibility?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.