Still and Video Cameras - US - March 2009
Affordable and easy-to-use digital cameras have transformed how U.S. consumers use photography, changing it from something used to document important occasions like weddings and trips to an integral part of everyday life. A large mass audience of consumers now own digital cameras, with product penetration for digital still cameras at least 48%.
Consumers are using digital photos to document their everyday lives and instantly share experiences by posting them online or e-mailing them to friends. However, even as consumers make good use of digital cameras, revenue growth has become increasingly challenging, due to high market penetration, sharp declines in consumer spending due to a lingering recession, and the wide availability of cameras in alternate devices such as cell phones.
Specifically, this report discusses:
- Based on the analysis within this report, Mintel provides recommendations for how industry players can seize upcoming opportunities for future success
- Mintel describes individual brand and product strategies amongst the leading players and determines who is best positioned to retain and gain market share going forward
- Standout new products and features are described along with likely impact on the market
- An understanding of consumer purchase and usage behavior as well as preferences and attitudes is essential to creating products and strategies that they will respond to
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.