Sugar and Sweeteners - US - December 2010
With the recession, more people have been cooking, baking, eating and drinking at home, which has helped the sugar and sweeteners category maintain positive sales growth. However, health issues are an underlying force for the category and these concerns have had a decided impact on each of the four segments. This report highlights the following topics:
- What the improving economy means to the category and what can be expected in coming years, including what efforts will be most necessary for manufacturers to succeed
- The success of stevia and how this can be parlayed into further, more widespread success
- The impact of older consumers on the category and how to best appeal to their changing dietary needs
- How consumers use the wide range of products in the category and the importance of versatility
- The importance of solid relationships with other consumer packaged good manufacturers, as well as foodservice operators and retailers
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.