Sun Protection and Sunless Tanners - US - October 2011
The U.S. sun protection and sunless tanner market sold through food, drug, and mass stores (not including Walmart) continues to benefit from an increasingly educated and aware consumer public that seeks to avoid damaging UVA/UVB rays that cause melanoma and skin aging. While sunscreen and suntan lotions have increased sales significantly, sunless tanner sales have suffered. This report focuses on these issues, and provides close analysis of the following:
- How fears of skin cancer have led manufacturers to continue to ramp up SPF and how a number of consumers perceive this to be an advancement in the market
- The role of women in driving FDMx sales
- How impending FDA guidelines will alter the marketing landscape and how companies are shifting their ad strategies to comply with these guidelines
- How outside products that feature SPF, such as moisturizers and cosmetics, also threaten sales of suncare
- Why drug stores lead the FDMx market and which companies partner with drug chains to better promote their brands and skin cancer awareness
- Innovations in the market for new application methods, anti-aging, and children’s care
- Marketing strategies of the top FDMx companies
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.