SUVs and CUVs - US - April 2012
This report explores the SUV and CUV market in the U.S. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting vehicle unit sales and what they mean for future sales, marketing campaigns, and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How did the rise in fuel prices in 2008 affect sales?
- How did pent-up demand due to the recession contribute to sales?
- How are automakers differentiating SUVs from CUVs and how has that affected unit sales of each segment?
- What are the sales trends of SUVs and CUVs respective to each automaker?
- How will current rising gas prices and federal standards for fuel efficiency affect future sales?
- Which demographics are planning to purchase SUVs and CUVs over the next two years?
- What is the average price paid for these vehicles?
- How are SUVs and CUVs marketed? What are examples of innovative campaigns?
- How do potential buyers research these vehicles; what do they rely on most or least for information?
- What qualities of SUVs and CUVs matter most? What qualities matter least?
- Do buyers prefer financing or cash in the purchase of SUVs or CUVs? What kinds of financing are preferred?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.