Tea and RTD Teas - US - July 2011
This report explores the tea and ready-to-drink (RTD) tea market, which grew 31% from 2006-11, primarily on the strength of the RTD segment. The market continues to thrive on the pro-health perception of tea coupled with the fact that manufacturers have been savvy in bringing out consumer-preferred teas in innovative flavors and the convenient RTD format. Sales of tea and RTD tea nevertheless face a number of challenges, such as stagnant growth in two of its four segments and consumer trend away from mid-priced brands. This report addresses these and other issues and explores growth-driving opportunities including:
- The current state of the tea industry—sales trends in the total market, as well as the four tea segments
- The importance of having a premium brand in a portfolio to drive growth
- Importance of packaging in attaining growth in the market
- Prospects of Kombucha tea: before and after the recall
- New tea products—claims and flavors exploration
- Growing importance of the teen consumer
- Importance of removing artificial sweeteners from RTD teas
- Tea drinkers’ attitudes toward sugar in RTD teas
- Exploration of the growth prospects for single-cup tea pods
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.