The Dining Out Experience - US - April 2013
“Creating a great experience goes far beyond the menu. It can include such aspects as décor, service, technology, customization, and the incorporation of deals. Each operator must find the right balance that meets the needs of their brand, their core consumers, and the segment they occupy. Experimenting with strategies that are atypical to a particular segment can help to differentiate a brand, which may create more attention and increase traffic.”
– Bethany Wall, Foodservice Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- What makes a great experience?
- What’s the right blend of technologies?
- What kinds of deals are most effective for restaurants?
Providing an optimal dining out experience means different things to different consumers. It includes ambience, technology, service, and myriad other factors. To be successful in creating a good experience, restaurants must understand what different groups of consumers are looking for and match their offerings to their core consumers and target customers. It is all about finding the right balance. Also, with Americans’ increased on-the-go lifestyle, many dining areas of many restaurants are empty, raising new questions of how to ensure the restaurant experience is not lost when using to-go, delivery, or drive-thru services. Operators also grapple with how to lure consumers into restaurants for higher check averages.
Among the topics covered in this report are:There are various types of deposit and savings account available to UK consumers, which typically will be managed in-branch and/or online. The main ones are as follows:
- The factors driving the market, including economic indicators and restaurant sales data.
- Marketing strategies across many advertising mediums, as well as menu and pricing promotions.
- Menu trends over the past three years covering multiple dayparts and menu sections.
- Consumer ordering behavior as it relates to segment, method, and usage of deals.
- Data revealing consumers’ technological preferences, ambience influences, and deterrents.
- Breakdown of survey data by demographic, order method group, and cluster groups.
Take a look inside a sample report to see what you will receive: Download now.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.