The Hispanic Retail Report: Household, Electronics, Apparel, Grocery and Personal Care - US - March 2011
Fashion-conscious, cell phone-savvy, and with a love for food, Hispanics are the ideal consumer segment for almost any retail sector. As the economy recovers from the recent recession, Hispanics’ expenditures on food and beverages, apparel, footwear, housing and transportation continue to grow. In fact, Hispanics spend a greater proportion of their income on groceries, apparel and footwear than non-Hispanics do. As the largest U.S. minority and a purchasing power projected to reach $1.4 trillion by 2013, Hispanics are an indispensable consumer group for all types of retailers, now and in the future.
In this report, marketers will gain insights into how to engage the Hispanic consumer linguistically, culturally and emotionally. Topics discussed include:
- An overview of Hispanics’ purchasing behavior for food and beverages, apparel, footwear, home electronics, portable electronics, mobile devices, household products and personal care products
- The categories for which Hispanics index higher than other ethnic/racial groups, and where their expenditures have increased or decreased in the past year
- The retailers that Hispanics are choosing and why, including marketing techniques that can be emulated by other retailers looking to attract the Hispanic consumer
- How purchasing patterns differ based on age, household income and level of acculturation, and how these apply to the methods of advertising that can be employed to reach these consumers
- New prospects for marketing to Hispanics via cell phone, internet and in-store advertising, based on their penchant for social shopping and mobile phone ownership
- An overview of the U.S. Hispanic population, including demographic distribution and differences in acculturation, and how this affects the products they select
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.