Theme Parks - US - April 2009
The domestic theme park industry has enjoyed several years of growth but is hitting a bump in 2009 with the global recession and cutbacks on vacation spending. Theme park operators have kept busy not only with new rides and attractions, but also with aggressive new pricing promotions. In this report, Mintel offers a review of recent theme park activity and proprietary consumer data on spending and attitudes.
Analysis and insights offered include:
- How strategies differ for destination and regional theme parks
- Why destination parks may suffer more than regional parks in 2009
- Which alternative entertainments consumers are turning to
- How parks differentiate themselves through advertising
- What new rides/attractions and promotions are on offer from leading parks
- Which demographics drive the theme park business
- Where park visitors are buying their tickets and what they would pay more for
- How different types of theme park attractions rank in popularity
- Which consumers are most likely to visit theme parks on overnight vacation
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.