Ticket Purchasing Process: Sports Events and Concerts - US - July 2010
This report explores the ticketing market in the U.S. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting sales and trends and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How will the approved merger between Live Nation and Ticketmaster affect the ticketing market?
- How is the concert market segmented by venue, what venues are stagnating and which have grown in ticket volume?
- How has the secondary ticket market affected the primary ticket market in regards to pricing?
- How are consumers learning about ticketed events and which forms of media are most effective in getting the message out?
- How are venues and producers bypassing traditional media channels to create all-in-one platforms from which to markets events and onsale dates?
- What channels do consumers use to purchase tickets to what events?
- How has the rise in ticket prices affected consumer behavior?
- Which tours grossed the most in 2009 and how do these numbers compare to previous years?
This report provides an in-depth examination of the U.S. ticketing market for industry promoters, venue and ticket operators, artist managers, sports sponsors and live event marketers interested in pursuing opportunities to innovate trends within segments and to evaluate the competition. Sales and analysis covers both the concert and sports ticketing industry and also examines both the primary and secondary ticket markets.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.