Tires and Rims - US - August 2010
This report explores the replacement and original equipment tire market in the U.S. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting tire sales, consumption, trends and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- How severely has the recession affected tire sales and what are the major players doing to survive?
- How has the rise of China changed the tire industry and how will new government tariffs on Chinese imports affect the import landscape?
- What growth areas remain for passenger car and light truck tires?
- How has the rise of mass merchandisers and wholesale clubs affected the tire market?
- Why and how are market innovators pushing the tire market forward in terms of product needs?
- How has the rise of social media affected building brand loyalty among younger tire buyers?
- What households purchase tires the most and who are the decision makers?
- Which ethnic groups purchase which tires and why?
This report provides an in-depth examination of the tire market for industry retailers, distributors and marketers interested in pursuing opportunities to innovate trends within segments and to evaluate the competition. Sales and analysis covers the replacement tire market.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.