Travel and Tourism - Saudi Arabia - February 2017
“Saudi Arabia is one of the world’s leading destinations for religious tourism and every year 20 million people visit Makkah, Islam’s most holy city, and 2 million make the pilgrimage for Hajj to pray at the religion’s most holy site, the Ka’ba in the Holy Mosque. Tourism has been identified as one of the key drivers to diversify the country’s economy away from oil and there are huge development projects underway in the sectors of transport and hospitality to support this growth and help grow the economy following the collapse in oil prices.”
- Jessica Kelly, Senior Tourism Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- How is Saudi Arabia’s economy developing to incorporate tourism growth?
- How does Saudi Arabia’s tourism industry perform by comparison with the rest of the Middle East region?
- How have international and domestic arrivals changed since 2011?
- What are the key infrastructure projects currently underway in Saudi Arabia?
- What does the future hold for religious tourism in Saudi Arabia?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.