Travel Insurance - UK - February 2012
“Although the travel insurance market has performed relatively well, especially considering the wider economy and holiday trends, there is still room for improvement. Competition on price and the high number of policies available has made it more difficult to compare the quality of cover, leaving some consumers with the wrong level of protection. This has resulted in a high level of consumer scepticism regarding claim payouts, and is something that providers will need to address in order to increase future sales.”
– Stevan Obradovic, Financial Services Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Has the economy made consumers more willing to travel abroad without travel insurance?
- Have consumers’ preferences changed when it comes to arranging travel cover?
- Is the EHIC providing competition to travel insurance and making consumer overlook cover?
- Can providers make policies more transparent and gain consumer trust?
- Are travellers downgrading from annual to single-trip policies due to the income squeeze?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.